I like scrambled eggs a lot. I really do. They are delicious, fluffy, and filling. So, I’m going to walk you through how to make some amazing scrambled eggs for yourself. There’s a bit of prep-time involved, but it’s worth it. Here’s what you need:
- 2 strips of bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 4 kinds of shredded cheese. (1/8th of a cup of each kind.)
- I use mozzarella, mild cheddar, monterey jack, and pepper jack
- 2 cloves of garlic (about a teaspoon’s worth)
- 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine
That’s it. Now, let’s get started on the prep work.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook bacon in oven until it is crisp, but not burnt. Roughly 20-25 minutes. Flip at the 12 minute mark for best results.
- While the bacon is cooking, shuck the skin off your garlic.
- If you have difficulty shucking the skin, grab the clove firmly between your thumbs and forefingers, and twist your hands in opposite directions. You’ll give the garlic a “twisting” motion, like you would an ice tray. If you do this gently, you’ll bend the garlic, but not break it. This releases the skin from the garlic, allowing you to easily peel it.
- Slice the garlic into several thin strips. Set aside for later.
- Remove bacon from oven, allow it to cool.
- Stack the strips of bacon on top of each other, and cut into tiny strips. Set aside for later.
- Take your eggs and crack them into a bowl.
- Mix the garlic, bacon, and heavy whipping cream in with the eggs.
- Heat your pan, dump in the butter, and coat the bottom of the pan well. When the butter is sizzling, dump in your eggs and begin scrambling them.
- Once the eggs are about half scrambled, dump the cheeses in, and fold them into the eggs.
Serve on a plate with salt and pepper.